UCL group stage draw: Bayern face Tottenham, Barca meet Dortmund
The 2019/20 UEFA Champions League group stage draw ceremony has begun at 18:00 CEST on Thursday 29 August in Monaco.
2019/20 UCL group stage draw
GROUP A: PSG (FRA)
GROUP B: Bayern (GER), Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)
GROUP C: Man City (ENG)
GROUP D: Juventus (ITA)
GROUP E: Liverpool (ENG)
GROUP F: Barcelona (ESP), Dortmund (GER)
GROUP G: Zenit (RUS)
GROUP H: Chelsea (ENG), Ajax (NED)
Who is involved in the draw?
Liverpool (ENG, holders), Chelsea (ENG, UEFA Europa League winners), Barcelona (ESP), Manchester City (ENG), Juventus (ITA), Bayern (GER), PSG (FRA), Zenit (RUS)
Real Madrid (ESP), Atlético Madrid (ESP), Borussia Dortmund (GER), Napoli (ITA), Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR), Tottenham Hotspur (ENG), Ajax (NED), Benfica (POR)
Lyon (FRA), Bayer Leverkusen (GER), Salzburg (AUT), Olympiacos (GRE), Club Brugge (BEL), Valencia (ESP), Inter (ITA), GNK Dinamo (CRO)
Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS), Genk (BEL), Galatasaray (TUR), RB Leipzig (GER), Slavia Praha (CZE), Crvena zvezda (SRB), Atalanta (ITA), LOSC Lille (FRA)
17/18 September: group stage, matchday one
1/2 October: group stage, matchday two
22/23 October: group stage, matchday three
5/6 November: group stage, matchday four
26/27 November: group stage, matchday five
10/11 December: group stage, matchday six
16 December: round of 16 draw
18/19/25/26 February: round of 16, first leg
10/11/17/18 March: round of 16, second leg
20 March: quarter-final & semi-final draw
7/8 April: quarter-finals, first leg
14/15 April: quarter-finals, second leg
28/29 April: semi-finals, first leg
5/6 May: semi-finals, second leg
Saturday 30 May: final – Atatürk Olimpiyat Stadı, Istanbul
How does the draw work?
· The 26 teams given direct entry to the group stage under the competition system introduced in 2018/19 are joined by the six winners of the play-off ties.
· The teams are split into four seeding pots. Pot 1 consists of the holders, the UEFA Europa League winners and the champions of the six highest-ranked nations. Pots 2 to 4 are determined by the club coefficient rankings.
· No team can play a club from their own association and, based on decisions taken by the UEFA Executive Committee, clubs from Russia and Ukraine must not be drawn in the same group.
· In the case of associations with two or more representatives, clubs will be paired in order to split their matches between Tuesday and Wednesday.
· If a paired club is drawn, for example, in Groups A, B, C or D, the other paired club – once drawn – will automatically be assigned to one of Groups E, F, G or H.
· The draw also establishes the groups for the UEFA Champions League path of the UEFA Youth League